Heading into the home stretch

Here we go again.  A lot of medication including daily intramuscular shots with the longest needle you've ever seen ; )
I had been feeling really negative with regards to this process lately.  I just didn't think we'd end up with a baby.  I think, more than anything, I was trying to shield myself.  I don't want to get my hopes up.  I want to stay realistic.  Realistically, our chances for a pregnancy are 50%.  That's not horrible, but also not a guarantee.  So, in order to be a bit more positive, I took a note from 'The Secret', made a sign an posted it throughout the house.


If we do get pregnant, we know it will be a boy and I've been thinking of baby names.  I really wish I hadn't done this, as I feel it's a jinx (I'm all about the jinxes!).  But the damage has been done and I like Luca.  A good friend of mine's mother-in-law suggested we name our next kid something Luca.  I can't remember what she said for the first name, but Luca has stuck with me and as I was thinking of our little one Luca seems right.



So, fingers crossed for a successful thaw and implantation.  I want hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst.  Easy, right?!

2 comments:

  • Daniele Valois | July 5, 2012 at 7:14 PM

    ohhhh, LUCA! I love it. But yes, I do worry about you naming him. FIngers crossed for you Luca. Thaw strong!

  • kwishes | July 6, 2012 at 12:55 PM

    I was reading up and now have higher hopes for a successful thaw. I'm thinking our major obstacle, the other 50% comes from implantation, which is where the acupuncture comes in. That's why they do that, to help the lining thicken for implantation. I found a lady yesterday, and feel very good about her. I gave her one piece of info and from that she knew all the rest of what we're doing, very smart lady! I wish I had $ to see her all the time, she mentioned she could help w/ my headaches. Maybe one day...
    Yah and it's a total jinx to name this little one. But he is here, so at least there's that :P