I think we can relax now


Phew! We had our second ultrasound this morning. We were nervous because it was at our second ultrasound with the twins when we discovered something was wrong. To make the event even more suspenseful/stressful they called us back 15 minutes late. They should know better!

So, we go in and right away she says the heartbeat is at 139. Right there, I knew. I knew that this baby is going to make it. That is half of what I wanted to hear. The second half came a few minutes later when she tells us the baby is measuring right at 7 weeks and one day. Well, according to our last ultrasound, that is exactly where I should be. The baby is growing!

So, we have reached three milestones that we did not achieve with the twins, growth, increased heart rate and morning sickness! It is just an incredible feeling. A polar opposite experience of the last pregnancy. Our little boy is thriving, and look how cute he is :D Granted, he still does not look like much, but he is gorgeous to me.

Of course, we will continue to hope for the best and pray for a healthy baby, but for right now we feel a sense of ease that is almost alien to us. I'm pregnant and I'm going to stay that way!!

4 comments:

  • Anonymous | April 10, 2008 at 7:17 PM

    Kristi and Mark,

    We are so exited for you guys today!!!! You never thought feeling sick would feel so good!!!!Enjoy it all.

    Scott, Kim, Kennedy, and Lilly

  • Anonymous | April 11, 2008 at 9:05 AM

    Kristi and Mark, Words can not describe the joy, happiness and excitement I feel for you! To see you and Mark as parents and to watch you love, hold and take care of your baby surpasses all my greatest hopes and dreams for you! I love you, Mom (Mavis)!

  • Anonymous | April 11, 2008 at 9:19 AM

    And I will continue to pray that your baby will be very healthy and happy! All of you reading this blog, please cover this precious little baby with your love and prayers. Thank You, Love, Grandma Mavis

  • Family Valois | April 11, 2008 at 4:02 PM

    oh Mavis is a Grandma!!! :)