Another big break

What a miracle. We got to hear our little one's heart beating today. There's no experience I've had so far that I can compare that to. It was simply amazing. Simply amazing and strong at 170 beats per minute. This seems super high, but is 100% normal, he is on track with other babies at 10 weeks.

I think up until now we have been living under the umbrella of guarded optimism, a completely normal reaction after you've experienced a loss. But now, now it is starting to feel real, the umbrella is being pushed back, the sun is shining and we can now let go of some of that worry and pain. We can start to enjoy this process instead of biting our nails with each ache, pain and moment of "what if?". Not that I've had many pains, rather, I've felt fine. Well, except for the super normal morning sickness and heartburn, which has only solidified in my mind that this pregnancy is strong.

Now that I've heard the heart beat I really really want to buy or rent a doppler machine. Remember when Tom Cruise rented one when Katie Holmes was pregnant? Man, I thought that just added to his crumbling public image, but here I am wanting to be able to hear that glorious sound whenever I want. My doctor doesn't think the cheaper ones out there are as sensitive as the one she used today, but I belong to a pregnancy forum where a lot of gals have bought or rented them and have had success. My obstacle right now, is talking Mark into going down this road of crazy with me!

0 comments: