My obsession

Every month is the same. I need to break free of my pregnancy delusion. I am not going to get pregnant. I'm tired of hoping and thinking differently. So tired. I hate this cycle so much. I don't know how to stop it. I walk the fine line of being thankful and wanting more. I just want to jump on to the thankful side and stay there. How do you stop wanting what you want? How can I move on? I really want to. I can't keep thinking I'm pregnant every month. My body messes with me better than anything. I get nauseas, dizzy, I have heartburn. I should know by now that these symptoms don't equal pregnancy. What is wrong with my slow brain that it can't learn this lesson? It makes me feel stupid.

I would get a hysterectomy so that maybe I could finally move on, but then I'd be giving up all and any hope and truthfully I still want that glimmer. It's unfortunate that that glimmer will probably destroy me. How can I balance our glimmer with reality? I guess I haven't learned how to live with infertility. This is not living. I'm stuck. It might not even be about having another baby anymore. It's a quest that has gone horribly wrong. Maybe it's turning into an obsessive compulsive thing. Maybe this is bigger than me and my ability to get over it on my own. I do have the ability to rationalize it all but then that time of the month comes and I'm sure I'm pregnant each month. I have been doing that for the 7 years we've been trying, minus the 9 months spent with Matteo. That's a lot of months to endure this heartache. I want to be done. I know it's in my control. I guess I don't have the tools yet to control it.

2 comments:

  • Kristin | January 11, 2013 at 10:41 AM

    Wow, I hear SO much of myself in your story - really, I've just read both of your last posts and my heart aches for you. I felt all the same - from God to questioning why us when we have the perfect family situation and only want to LOVE more. WHY are there people who get what we want so easily and don't even appreciate it?
    And the place where you are now is where I was last Summer. Dave and I decided to have a "summer of fun" and not even think baby or adoption in our case. JUST ONE SUMMER of not worrying or wishing . . . and although it was difficult, honestly, it was so refreshing after our 9 year ride on the adoption train.
    There is nothing that will help right now except to say that I've been there and that I am only just now happy with the results. Really, my last post just said so. I swear, it will all be okay.
    Sending you love and hugs, xoxoxo

  • kwishes | January 16, 2014 at 9:19 AM

    I'm such a bad blogger, I didn't even see your response until today!! Whoops.